Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Philadelphia: Sunsets, Animals, and Adventures




Last week were told told to explore the city and photograph/find various items to recall our trip. Well, I took a different approach and reviewed the past semester (along with a few current additions) and collected photos of Philadelphia that have some meaning to me. Sunsets/sunrises are fairly cliche, but they are my favorite thing to capture when in a large city. Seeing the colorful sky against cold industry is just so satisfying. These two are my favorite from the set:

Fairmont Park, 2 weeks ago, running around with my friend Skyler.

This was taken after the failure of flying a kite in November (see below). Sometimes North Philly can be really beautiful.



Now for an explanation of who these humans are...


My brother, Brian, standing in front of Macy's department store when he came to Philly in October for a bike race. There is a running joke in our family about Macy's which is why this picture even exists.


This was me around Novemeber, trying to make and fly a kite when there is absolutely NO wind to be found. That little plot of grass on top of Anderson Hall has to be the strangest thing on Temple's campus.

This was around the time that the World Series was going on out on Liacouras Walk. Dear creepy furry running around campus, what is wrong with you? That's all I have to say about that matter. If you're a furry, that's cool. Chances are that around here people might harass you and/or beat you up. Just be careful random furry girl, whoever you were.

There are far too many animal pictures to really go into detail about them individually, but as you can see I am a huge fan of dead squirrels, live squirrels, and cats. I am an even bigger fan of dead birds, but have yet to find any around campus or in the city.

A lot of traveling has happened over the past semester, but I never took the time or effort to get any better quality pictures of my adventures. There is a lot of running around and frolicking, which is a danger for a camera. Here is my favorite found item while frolicking around past midnight:

A beautiful broken U-lock just laying by a totally trashed bike.

Sketches and observations of the city will be posted tonight or tomorrow. Also, more stories to come of past and present adventures around the city just so I never forget. Hopefully that isn't terribly irrelevant for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment